Thursday, August 28, 2008

EDSE 241 Week One

Who is your Avatar?
Marcello Muggins
What is your gmail account?
jennifer.delapp@gmail.com
Which things do you find most intriguing?
I enjoyed tooling around on Second Life with my Avatar. I'm really looking forward to learning more about technology for my classroom.
Which things you'll use for yourself?
I'm really looking forward to creating a website. I'm working in an inclusion program and I teach support workshops for Algebra and Geometry. I'd like to create a website for parents and students to help them stay current with their classes, their content area, and provide resources for them to use to help them develop their skills. I'd also like to make it a place where the general ed teachers can post information for their students. I'm already using the google notebook for this class...incredibly useful thing. I can't believe I didn't know it was there.
Which thing will I use for my kids or my colleagues?
The website of course. I'm really looking forward to creating lessons/unit that will incorporate technology support of some sort for use with my students. I might create a blog to use with my department or the teachers at my school. I might have my students get blogging accounts so we can communicate about classes that way.
What might you want to explore more and why?
Creating webquests for students to use. I want to see how difficult it would be to create a math-based webquest for students to explore. Building websites for my classes to use.
Thanks for a great first class.
Jennifer De Lapp

1 comment:

Sharon Eilts said...

Hi,

Welcome to class. Check this site out too:
http://trackstar.4teachers.org/trackstar/ts/searchByKeyword.do?keywords=math

Sharon